Shipping costs will be calculated based on the quantity of plates ordered and the shipping destination. Our service team will contact you to review order details and verify ship dates prior to confirming your order.
A Turnkey Screening Solution for Identifying Hepatotoxic Compounds
3D InSight™ Liver Human Microtissues are the gold-standard for liver toxicity testing. These pharma-validated, preclinical co-culture liver models have been shown to achieve 2x higher sensitivity for DILI prediction compared to traditional 2D hepatocytes. Because they combine multi-donor diversity with structural and functional robustness, these models are ideal for drug safety and efficacy testing as well as the study of healthy and diseased liver function.
Microtissues are shipped in Akura™ 96 plates (one microtissue per well), with 3D InSight™ Human Liver Microtissue Maintenance Medium - AF, our recommended medium for routine culture and maintenance of liver microtissues. You can also request 3D InSight™ Human Liver Microtissue Medium - TOX, which we recommend for hepatotoxity testing applications.
- Reflect the average response of a population with a model incorporating hepatocytes from 5 male and 5 female donors
- Achieve the highest biological relevance in an in vitro model with primary hepatocyte, Kupffer cell, and liver endothelial cell (LEC) co-cultures
- Test long-term effects of drug exposure in an organotypic, functional liver model
- Highly reproducible and robust liquid handling in InSphero’s patented Akura™ 96 plates (engineered to protect microtissues from accidental aspiration)
- Complete turnkey solutions offers lower cost-of-ownership than in-house production
- PHH from pooled male/female donors
- Co-culture with Kupffer cells and LECs
- Guaranteed 28 days viability
- 96-well format, 1 microtissue per well
- Delivered with min. 50 mL of 3D InSight™ Liver Maintenance Medium
- Biweekly production. Check our online production schedule for details. Shipping date to be confirmed by our customer service team after checkout.